3/24/2020



Thinking of many  things:

This morning, at 3am when I woke up, many thoughts cluttered my mind when I tried to decide what to write. 


First, I thought about heroines - the strong women in tales of the past. I am perhaps one of the only woman in the US who mourns the loss of that work, the ownership of our own brand of heroism. That topic, however, would take a lot of time and research and I need to work on my book, work on the quilt I am making, and finish the mosaic I have done.

As an aside, making a quilt is a daunting activity. It is beyond my scope of comprension how they can make a quilt like a log cabin or whatever, and end up having enough fabric. If you go near to the end without enough what would  you do? They must be amazing planners with mathematical minds.

Second, the thought of writing about the origin of storytelling seemed intriguing - I am writing about it now for another project. We assume that humans could tell stories when, based on cranial volume, they had evolved a brain that was  big  and complex enough to do things like store vast amounts of information and had evolved other biological traits, like the hyoid bone, which would make made speech possible. What these probably mean is that we had language and there is no way to know for sure that stories were being told. It seems clear to me that the earliest evidence is found in cave art, which clearly seems to tell stories. Maybe someday. 


Third, I thought a bit about braces - straightening teeth. What is that communicating - affluence? meeting our own idea of what looks good? In many countries they are not as interesting in that expense and process. 


Fourth, though it doesn't seem like such a good idea in the light of day, i thought if might be interesting to write about recipes.  I was reading some messages about recipes for cooking game.  I thought of  

Recipes for Cooking Bambi and his Friends

Cooking Curious George with Carrots and Kale

Roasting Rudolph over an Open Fire, or 

Cooking with Jiminy Cricket 

Cooking Turtle in a Taurine: what to do with the turtle or won the race and collapsed from exhaustion. 

Or (because we now know trees communicate) Killing your tree's best friend: how to heal a broken heart.

Enough of this tomfoolery - hum, what word did we use for goofy girls? 

1 comment:

Blair said...

I like your 3 am musings!